New Hampshire is a lovely spot for a wedding, no matter what the season. However, with so many details involved with NH weddings, it’s a good idea to have a wedding checklist handy to make sure that you don’t forget anything the day of the wedding.
Your Wedding Day Checklist
At Stonehurst Manor, our expert wedding planner offers the following wedding day checklist:
1. Check in with your wedding planner. Do a final confirmation of all of the wedding details with the wedding planner. If the weather looks rainy, snowy or windy, decide whether to move your outdoor wedding indoors. At Stonehurst Manor, we make it easy for you to relax and enjoy your wedding day. We handle all of the vendors and all of the last-minute wedding and reception details.
2. Prepare payments for off-site vendors. If you have vendors that aren’t booked through the Manor and who expect payment after the wedding, get those checks written early so you don’t have to fumble around or leave your guests during the reception.
3. Prepare tip envelopes. Tips are appropriate to anyone that helped to make your day special, including the wait staff and DJ. Remember, too, to tip anyone who donated his or her services, such as a vocalist, organist or minister.
4. Distribute welcome gifts. Make your out-of-town guests feel appreciated by having welcome gifts delivered to their guest rooms. It will make them feel a part of the festivities, even if you don’t have time in your wedding day schedule to greet each guest personally.
5. Eat. It’s easy to forget to eat when there is so much going on. However, a nice meal delivered to your room will help calm your nerves and keep all that Champagne from going to your head during the reception.
6. Have your hair and make-up done. Let a professional help you look your best for your wedding day.
7. Pack an emergency kit. Before you head down to the ceremony, throw a few emergency supplies in a bag. Helpful items include bobby pins, safety pins, an extra pair of panty hose, hairspray, lipstick, hemming tape, an umbrella and a shawl.
8. Assemble all of the necessary items for the ceremony. Put the rings, ring pillow, marriage license and other items that will be used in the ceremony all together, so you’re not scrambling to find something at the last minute.
9. Get your wardrobe items together. Make dressing for the ceremony easier by getting all of the items you need–your dress, veil, hose, shoes, etc.–together in one place early in the day.
10. Relax and enjoy your special day!
Stonehurst Manor can arrange a variety of North Conway weddings, both indoors and outdoors. Our Victorian boutique hotel is situated on 33 acres, adjacent to the picturesque White Mountains of New Hampshire. We can accommodate weddings with 50 to 150 guests, and our designated, on-site wedding planner makes planning your destination wedding easy.