Little bites before a meal are a must…these busy days you can guarantee that your guests will not arrive at the same time, but they will all arrive hungry. So what is a good host to do? Easy, offer a few small offerings, that won’t take you away from cooking, greeting and conversing with your guests, nor take away from the feast you’re preparing.
Satay, an asian kebab, are so simple and flavorful, yet easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time.They can be made well in advance and demonstrates how effective marinating can impart flavor and tenderness to meat or vegetables. Marinating should be used often to make your food taste incredible and this recipe can be used, without skewers, for excellent Grilled Chicken for a Caesar Salad or Stir Fry Chicken & Vegetables. Be sure to experiment and try different marinades and meats.
Marinated Chicken Satay
By Avi Deiter
Satay, an asian kebab, are so simple and flavorful, yet easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time.They can be made well in advance and demonstrates how effective marinating can impart flavor and tenderness to meat or vegetables.
5 stars based on
Yield: 8-10 Servings
Serving size: 8-10
Thinly Sliced Chicken Tenderloins:
Fresh Crushed Garlic:
Fresh Grated Ginger:
Light Brown Sugar:
Crushed Red Pepper:
Toasted Sesame Oil:
5″ Long Bamboo Skewers 5″ long:
Creamy Peanut Butter:
2. In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients except chicken.
3. Weave the chicken onto skewers in a back and forth manner and place into a zip-lock bag.
4. Pour marinade over chicken, seal bag and shake to coat. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours but not more than 8 hours. After marinating, remove skewers from bag and reserve marinade for the peanut glaze. Place chicken into oven-proof casserole for baking or save for the Grill.
5. Combine glaze ingredients into a pot and over medium heat, whisk till smooth and comes to a boil.
6. Remove from heat and reserve to brush over finished Satay. Bake Satay in 375 deg F. oven for 20 minutes or until internal temp of 160deg is achieved, or grill over low flame on the grill till fully cooked. Toss in or brush with Peanut Glaze.
7. Add garnish