North Conway: The Ideal Golf Vacation Destination!
One of the best ways to enjoy the scenery of the area surrounding North Conway is to take to the links and test your skill on one of the many golf courses in east-central New Hampshire and southwest Maine.
North Conway Area Golf Courses
East-central New Hampshire offers a variety of challenging, scenic and historic golf courses, both 18-hole and 9-hole courses. A few of the best of these include:
- Androscoggin Valley Club – This 18-hole, public golf course, located in Gorham NH, opened in 1922. The par-70 course, designed by Alex Chisholm, offers 6,110 yards of golf.
- Bridgton Highlands Country Club – Bridgton Highlands is an 18 hole, 6,069-yard, public course, located in Bridgton, in southwestern Maine, about 20 miles from North Conway.
- Hales Location Country Club – The 9-hole course at Hales Location, New Hampshire has been called “one of the most unique and beautiful golf developments in the United States” by Golf magazine. The 3,025-yard course, located about five miles west of North Conway, opened in 1990.
- Omni Mount Washington Golf Club – The 18-hole course at the Mount Washington Golf Club, located in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, opened in 1915, making it one of the first courses in the area. The par 72, 7,004-yard course boasts spectacular views of the Presidential Mountain Range.
- North Conway Country Club – The original nine holes of this historic course, located in the heart of North Conway, first opened in 1895. Today, the entire par-71, 6,281-yard, PGA Championship 18-hole course, lies along the Saco River and is a favorite of visitors and locals alike.
- Province Lake Golf Club – Located just across the New Hampshire/Maine border in Effingham, Maine, Province Lake Golf Club offers 18 holes with views of the lake and the surrounding woods. The par-71, 6,372-yard course opened in 1915.
- Indian Mound Golf Club – Called “New Hampshire’s friendliest golf course,” Indian Mound Golf Club is located in Ossippe, New Hampshire, about 20 miles south of North Conway. The 18-hole, 5,675-yard course first opened in 1968.
- Waumbek Golf Club – Located about 30 miles northwest of North Conway in Jefferson, New Hampshire, the 18-hole, par-71, 5,874-yard Waumbek Golf Club course offers some of the best views of any golf course in New England.
Golf Packages at Stonehurst Manor
The elegant European-style Stonehurst Manor, located on 33-acres just north of North Conway, offers a mid-week stay and play golf package, good from now until June 30, 2013 and again from September 15 until the golf courses close for the season. The package includes a choice of accommodations, full breakfast and dinner for two persons and two rounds of golf at your choice of ten area golf courses. Prices start at $206 for two persons ($236 during fall foliage season.)
Stonehurst Manor combines gracious service and well-appointed guest rooms to create the ambiance of a European-style mountain retreat. Amenities include an award-winning restaurant, an outdoor swimming pool with a view of the White Mountains, and an outdoor gazebo in the manicured gardens.