North Conway: Hotels, Entertainment, Restaurants, and more
Located in east-central New Hampshire, adjacent to the 700,000-acre White Mountains National Park, North Conway offers year-round activities, scenic beauty and charming hostelries. Easily accessible from all around the east coast and Midwest, North Conway makes an ideal getaway from fast-paced city life.
North Conway Hotels
The North Conway area offers a myriad of hotels, each with its own charm and appeal. You’ll find few modern chain hotels here. The hotels in this corner of the world are one-of-a-kind properties, most of which are locally owned and managed.
One of the most elegant and comfortable hotels in the area is Stonehurst Manor, a European-style boutique hotel set on 33 acres. Stonehurst Manor combines the style and coziness of a bed and breakfast inn with the gracious service and amenities you’d expect from a luxury hotel. Choose from guest rooms or condos, with such amenities as Jacuzzi tubs and gas fireplaces.
Entertainment in North Conway
You won’t be bored during a visit to North Conway. The region offers a wide variety of activities, no matter what time of year you visit.
- Summer outdoor activities – Summer brings a wealth of outdoor activities to the North Conway area, including hiking and biking, kayaking, fly-fishing, rock climbing, horseback riding and golf.
- Winter outdoor activities – Skiing predominates winter activities in east-central New Hampshire–both downhill and cross-country skiing. You can also enjoy ice skating, snow boarding, winter horseback riding and romantic sleight rides through the frozen landscape.
- Shopping – Shopping in North Conway includes antique stores, book sellers and art galleries as well as a weekly farmers’ market and several sporting goods stores. The region is also home to more than 50 factory outlet stores, including Coach, Brooks Brothers and Banana Republic.
- Sightseeing – The North Conway area is home to a photogenic collection of historic covered bridges, some of the most beautiful leaf displays in New England and the restored Conway Scenic Railroad as well as the MWV Children’s Museum.
North Conway Restaurants
[satellite gallery=2 auto=on caption=off thumbs=on]
The North Conway area offers more than 100 restaurants, most of which are locally-owned and make good use of the abundant produce, dairy products and game that comes from east-central New Hampshire.
- Fine dining – One of the most elegant and romantic dining rooms in the area is located at Stonehurst Manor. The award-winning menu makes excellent use of local ingredients for breakfast and dinner.
- Family restaurants – North Conway’s casual restaurants include the Muddy Moose, a rustic eatery that specializes in ribs and wings.
- Unique dining – North Conway also offers a number of unique dining opportunities, such as having dinner in the restored vintage dining car of the Conway Scenic Railroad, while its travels through the scenic New Hampshire landscape.
If you’re looking for a vacation destination this season that offers something for everyone in the family, that’s friendly and uncrowded, that features beautiful scenery and abundant fresh local food, you can’t go wrong with a trip to the North Conway region of New Hampshire.