North Conway: A Perfect Wedding Destination
Are you looking for an ideal wedding setting, one with beautiful scenery, friendly and accommodating people to help you plan your ceremony and reception, cozy and romantic inns, picturesque towns, lots of activities and delicious food? Consider a New Hampshire wedding, particularly a wedding in North Conway, in the east-central part of the state.
North Conway and weddings: the perfect combination.
The White Mountains of New Hampshire offers a winning combination of hospitality, charm and a relaxed and beautiful rural setting. Just a few reasons to consider the North Conway area for your destination wedding include:
1. Scenic setting. North Conway is adjacent to the 7,000-acre White Mountain National Park and those picturesque mountain peaks are never far from view. In addition, the area offers world-famous, colorful fall leaves; abundant spring and summer wildflowers, blankets of pristine winter snow and weather that’s rarely too hot or too cold.
2. Delicious local food. The Granite state is known for its abundant and diverse agriculture. Summer brings a surplus of fresh locally-grown fruits and vegetables that continue until the first frost in mid to late-October. You’ll find everything from blueberries to apples, tomatoes to zucchini, green onions to morel mushrooms. With all that bounty, there’s no need to use frozen entrees at a New Hampshire wedding. Plus, the North Conway area boasts nearly 100 restaurants and cafes, so you and your guests will have an array of eateries from which to choose before and after the wedding.
3. New Hampshire hospitality. New England–and New Hampshire–are known for their no-nonsense welcome hospitality. Each area inn has its own personality and many are restored 18th and 19th century buildings, with antique furnishings and architectural features like wood-burning fireplaces, high ceilings and carved woodwork. Unlike many inns and resorts, Stonehurst Manor, features a designated wedding consultant who takes care of all of the details and help to make planning your New Hampshire wedding easy and stress-free.
4. Plenty for guests to do. Although you’ll have a lot to do during the days before your wedding, it’s nice for your guests to be able to settle into their rooms before the big event and explore the area. North Conway offers a myriad of activities for guests of all ages, in all seasons. You’ll find antique stores and farmers’ markets to browse, covered bridges to photograph, miles and miles of hiking and biking trails; peaceful fishing streams; world-class climbing; winter skiing and so much more.
5. Easily accessible. Unlike most island wedding destinations, North Conway is easy to get to from all over the east coast and Midwestern United States. Central New Hampshire is just a day’s drive from Boston and other New England cities or a short flight from New York City, Philadelphia and other east coast cities.
If you’re still deciding on where to hold your romantic destination wedding, make sure to consider New Hampshire and North Conway. It’s beautiful; it’s friendly and it’s easy to reach from all areas the United States.
Have more questions? Check out our Wedding FAQs here.
Need a checklist to help you on your big day? Here’s a Wedding Day Checklist written by our expert wedding planners!