Chef Avi’s Baked Stuffed Lobster
When you don’t want the hassle of a Clam Bake, but absolutely gotta have some seafood. Mounded with moist, buttery stuffing and chock full of enough seafood to make a whale jealous… You might not even need the drawn butter!
Below Chef Avi shows you how easy it is to prepare at home.
Baked Stuffed Lobster
- 10 Tbsp Unsalted butter (1 stick + 2 Tbsp)
- 1 ea Large Shallot
- 2 sprigs Flat-Leaf parsley, leaves picked finely chopped
- 4 ea Raw, Peeled Maine shrimp, tails removed and split
- 6 oz Raw scallops, chains removed 20/30 size
- 2/3 Cup Dry Sherry
- 1 Tbsp Italian parsley, leaves picked and coarsely chopped
- 2 Cups Ritz Cracker Crumb, ground
- TT Kosher salt or sea salt
- TT Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Hard shell select lobsters (1 to 1 1/4 pounds each), live, preferably female
- 2 8″ Bamboo Skewers
- Lemon and Drawn Butter as needed
2) Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, add diced shallot and sweat about 5 minutes.
5) Remove the brain, and carefully skewer the lobster through the tail towards the inner cavity.
8) Using a spoon or spatula, stir seafood mixture, specifically crushing the dark green roe, which will turn a brilliant red. Continue to stir mixture about 2 minutes, till seafood is just about cooked.
11) Turn off heat and add ground Ritz crumb till mixture tightens…depending on size of lobsters, may not use all of the crumb, or may need a little more. Stuffing should be fairly firm.
13) Bake 12 -15 minutes for a 1 pound lobster 15-17 minutes for a 1 1/4 pound lobster.