Basic Ganache Recipe. Delicious Truffles.
Every Day I’m Trufflin’
I love dessert. I mean I really love, love dessert. But after putting your efforts into a dinner party, it’s time to kick back and relax with your guests…and you can’t do that if your fretting about a souffle or whether or not the cheesecake will slice nicely.
Have no fear…truffles are here! These sweeties can be made days in advance, and can be as creative as you want. And who does not love chocolate? A small platter of handmade chocolates, some good micro-roasted coffee and maybe some Port…Not much easier than that, and not much better either!
Truffles are simply a shaped ganache, sometimes flavored and coated in chocolate, or cocoa, sugar, or coconut and so one…you can mix-n-match your fillings to make your truffles not only flavorful but beautiful!!
- Makes 30-40
- 16 oz Bittersweet Chocolate, good quality
- 8oz Heavy Cream
- 2-4 Tbsp Grand Marnier (Orange)
- 2-4 Tbsp Chambord (Raspberry)
- 2-4 Tbsp Amaretto
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Pure Mint extract
- 2 tsp Pure Almond extract
- Chai Tea
- Cocoa Powder
- Powdered Sugar, or colored sugars or sanding sugar
- Dark or White Chocolate
- Chopped nuts, walnut, almond or pistachio