New Hampshire in the spring is magical and NH weddings offer a combination of beautiful scenery, a friendly country welcome and abundant flowers. It’s the perfect setting for a new beginning. However, every season presents its own unique challenges when planning a wedding. Below are five things you should keep in mind for a successful, spring New Hampshire wedding:
1. Plan early. Spring is a popular season for weddings in New Hampshire. To avoid disappointment and to be able to get the venue and wedding professionals you desire, make sure to make your arrangements well in advance.
2. Make it a tent wedding. Although New Hampshire is lovely in the spring, the weather is sometimes unpredictable. Having your ceremony and reception under a tent allows you to savor the spring landscape while adding that extra insurance in case of inclement weather.
3. Coordinate your colors with the Spring landscape. Spring in New Hampshire is an explosion of greens, purples, pinks and whites. The lilacs, peonies and dogwood all make their appearance in April and May. Plus, the gentle green of new foliage is everywhere. Plan your wedding colors to complement these natural hues.
4. Consider local crafts and food items as gifts and favors. Give your bridesmaids and guests something of New Hampshire to take home with them. Not only will you not have to lug all of your gifts and favors with you from home, but you’ll add to their appreciation of this special part of the country. New Hampshire offers hand-crafted pottery, artisanal cheeses, hand-crafted jewelry, quilts, carved wooden items and more. There’s something for every taste and budget.
5. Book local adventures for your guests. Don’t let your wedding party and guests leave without experiencing at least one of the many local adventures the White Mountain region has to offer. Springtime brings hiking, golf, excursions to covered bridges and excellent fly fishing, just to name a few.
Spring Weddings at Stonehurst Manor in North Conway are special and romantic. Our historic Victorian boutique Hotel is set on 33 acres, and our White Mountain weddings feature some of the most dramatic and alluring scenery in the region as well as elegant accommodations for guests, delicious food and beverage offerings and a gracious staff. We can accommodate weddings of 50 to 150 guests, both indoors and outdoors, and we have a dedicated wedding planner who can help you make all of the arrangements for your special day.