5 Reasons to Spend Christmas in North Conway
Looking for a great location to spend the holidays with loved ones? There are a variety of events sure to please everyone in North Conway NH and in the Mount Washington Valley. This scenic area is set in the heart of the White Mountains, named for the blanket of snow that covers the tallest peaks in this range almost year-round. Dominated by 6288 foot high Mount Washington, the highest peak in the northeast, you’ll find scenes of breathtaking beauty and natural wonder. Here are just some of the many great events you can enjoy when you visit North Conway NH:
- Winter Sports: There is no better place than North Conway for the snow fanatics in your family. North Conway has been rated as one of the top 25 ski towns in the world. Choose from seven Alpine ski resorts and six Nordic ski and snowshoe centers or enjoy cross country skiing, snowmobiling, tubing, sleigh rides, ice climbing, ice skating, and dog sledding.
- Santa’s Holiday Express: The Conway Scenic Railroad takes guests on excursions to Bartlett or Conway. Special holiday rides feature Santa and his elves serving hot chocolate and cookies, and posing for pictures with the kids.
- Santa’s Village: Santa and Mrs. Claus welcome guests and offer warm wassail to drink while guests take in special shows and stroll through the shops. Rides include the Skyway Sleigh Monorail and the Merry Christmas Ferris Wheel. Stay after dark and enjoy the beautiful light displays.
- Shopping: Take advantage of New Hampshire’s tax-free shopping with local specialty shops and over 200 brand name outlets.
- Arts & Culture: If you’re ready for some indoor fun, take in the comedy “Who Stole Christmas?” at Your Theater, check out the Children’s Museum, hunt for treasures in quaint antique shops, or visit the Mount Washington Observatory, home of the world’s worst weather.
Relax in Comfort at Historic Stonehurst Manor
Plan to bring the whole family and celebrate Christmas at Stonehurst Manor, the premiere White Mountain private mansion boutique hotel experience. Located on a secluded hilltop with spectacular mountain views, this turn-of-the-century Victorian mansion is set on 33 acres and features one of the most popular restaurants in Mount Washington Valley.
Delicious Christmas Dinner selections include seasonal appetizers, cider brined turkey, pit smoked aged prime rib of beef, lamb with fresh rosemary, winter risotto and more. Or celebrate with the whole family at a Christmas Party for only $26.00 per person which includes hors d’oeuvre, Caesar salad, baked bread, choice of entrées, dessert, coffee or tea, tax and gratuity. Warm your insides by the huge fireplace in the oak-paneled Library Lounge and retire to your cozy room with visions of sugarplums still dancing in your head. Lodging specials are available until December 20 by calling 1-800-525-9100, visiting the website or contacting email@example.com.
Take advantage of personal service, wonderful food and comfortable accommodations to make Christmas in North Conway your best Christmas ever.